Moving Fry to new tank.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DeadlyAlliance

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys my 16 baby black mollies will be one month old on Nov. 8th. But it doesnt seem like a lot of them are an inch long or big. I have them in a 10 gallon tank i want to move them to a 46 gallon tank with a female balck molly in it. My question is is it safe to move them at 1 month old or should i wait a little longer. And if it's safe to move them how many should i move at a time and how so my tank wont go ballistic on me? Thax.

DeadlyAlliance said:
Hey guys my 16 baby black mollies will be one month old on Nov. 8th. But it doesnt seem like a lot of them are an inch long or big. I have them in a 10 gallon tank i want to move them to a 46 gallon tank with a female balck molly in it. My question is is it safe to move them at 1 month old or should i wait a little longer. And if it's safe to move them how many should i move at a time and how so my tank wont go ballistic on me? Thax.
At 1 month, frys should be safe from their adult counterparts.

What fishes do you have in your larger tank? Depending on the current bioload of the tank, you may or may not be able to put all frys in one shot. In the worst case, as you mentioned already, you can put few per week...

Well i only have one fish in the 46 gallon tank its a female black molly. I havent put any fish in the 46 gallon because someone said that 17 mollies is more than enough since they have babies like crazy. I wanted to have a community tank with black mollies, swordtails, and dwarf gourami's i dont know if this would be possible? What do you mean by bioload?

If you have only 1 fish in your 46g, your bioload is very light in that tank! You should add fishes very slowly as there aren't much bacteria living in that tank system.

It is perfectly feasible to have a community setup with mollies, swordtales and gouramies - they are compatible.

Most reactions

Back