Move to RODI, fish gone into hiding, anything to worry about?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
He"s come out and eaten some food about an hour ago, which is a good sign and now gone back into hiding. If he comes out into the light at some point tomorrow then I'll get some photos / video. Thanks.

Great news this morning, he's out of hiding, moving around the tank a little and his appetite is back! Still a little lethargic and fins a bit low but hopefully on the mend.

I got a video of him - link here:
Green terror swimming

Here's a couple of photos in case you can see anything else of interest (Dempsey photo bombed the second one!)

PXL_20220518_101834747.jpg

PXL_20220518_101829770.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220518_101827979.jpg
    PXL_20220518_101827979.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The green terror's tail looks clamped up and they both look like they have some excess mucous on them. This is usually caused by something in the water irritating the fish.

Is the reverse osmosis unit new or had it or the water holding container been used for something else?
Maybe something poisoned them and that is why they spent the last week hiding.

The RODI unit is new and the container has been in use for 4 months and it's never been used for anything else. The only other thing I changed was the wood. It soaked for 4 weeks before I added it but maybe that could have brought something into the tank. They are both improving each day now and I'll be doing a water change on Friday. Will go from there, thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back