The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have been wanting a pair or two of mouthbrooding bettas for awhile, and I am making a trip to the fish store, where they have unsexed Blue Damsel Betta. I had planned on getting 4, hoping for at least one pair. I have a 20 gallon long I recently purchased.

I am not necessarily trying to breed them, and would like to add a small shoal of fish, perhaps a species of small rasbora like Kubotai, or maybe some ember tetra, and maybe khuli loaches or another small bottom dwelling species.

I have been wanting a pair or two of mouthbrooding bettas for awhile, and I am making a trip to the fish store, where they have unsexed Blue Damsel Betta. I had planned on getting 4, hoping for at least one pair. I have a 20 gallon long I recently purchased.

I am not necessarily trying to breed them, and would like to add a small shoal of fish, perhaps a species of small rasbora like Kubotai, or maybe some ember tetra, and maybe khuli loaches or another small bottom dwelling species.
when i think of mouth brood, i think of chiclids but they need high ph.
maybe arowanas? (joke)

Hmm... If you're taking suggestions, I think even neon tetras or cardinal tetras would look quite nice up against those bettas since the colours contrast pretty well.

If you're going for a planted tank I'd probably go for kuhli loaches and something like rummynose tetras.

Green rasboras would always be my go-to for a "small shoal", but if you go with a planted tank they could be hard to see.

Hello :)
These kind of wild Bettas do best in species-tank.
Didn't you read "behaviour and compatibility" paragraph :lol:

Yes, I did read it:
Some small cyprinids and loaches that inhabit similar environments in nature are compatible, but proper research prior to purchase is essential.
This is me getting advice, so that I can do my proper research. I was hoping for species that are from the same area, and I do have alternative housing available if it doesn't work out.

I do have a small mixed school of neons/cardinals, but was hoping for a smaller sized fish, and was going for a shoal of 8 or so.

Yes, I did read it:
Some small cyprinids and loaches that inhabit similar environments in nature are compatible, but proper research prior to purchase is essential.
This is me getting advice, so that I can do my proper research. I was hoping for species that are from the same area, and I do have alternative housing available if it doesn't work out.

I do have a small mixed school of neons/cardinals, but was hoping for a smaller sized fish, and was going for a shoal of 8 or so.
Maybe feasable but depending on tank measurements.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back