Most Disappointing Fish?

Tiger barbs easily. They're the most narky little fish I've ever kept. They're such bullies. No matter how big the school they insisted on killing the weakest one. :(

Serpae tetras for me.  Big scaredy cats, pale out when they get the least bit stressed...not showy enough for me lol

A balla shark that managed to jump through the ONLY HOLE IN THE LID, which was about the width of a dime --- Less than six hours after bringing her home and while we were out. How does that happen??!!

Probably my dwarf gouramis. I tried having two at two different times, acclimated fine and both seemed healthy and died mysteriously 2-3 weeks later...from different suppliers too.

Pictus catfish. I so wanted to keep the guy who came with my tank but found out there was no way I could. I never personally experienced this but I hear they will literally eat anything you want to put in there. He could move too. Pain in the rear to catch..

For me it is pointless to own a fancy goldfish like: moore and bubble eye. Sure they look " cool" but they are just freaks of nature! Unnatural eyes with unnatural tails.

Noahsfish said:
Probably my dwarf gouramis. I tried having two at two different times, acclimated fine and both seemed healthy and died mysteriously 2-3 weeks later...from different suppliers too.

The third time was the charm for me.  I tried a Flame Dwarf Gourami first and he died  within a week.  Second was an awesome Powder Blue that looked like it was on steroids!  He lasted for almost a year, and seemed very happy & in charge of whatever tank I had him in.  I've had my Red Dwarf Gourami for almost a year now and he's doing great.  At least I hope he stays healthy, you just never know with DG's.  He currently rules a 20 gallon with a huge Bolivian Ram, a Fancy Molly and small Tetras.

I loved all my fish
yahoo.gif
yes, even neon tetras! :)) But most of all, I really enjoyed reading this topic! Sometimes it's very funny!
biggrin.png

DerpPH said:
For me it is pointless to own a fancy goldfish like: moore and bubble eye. Sure they look " cool" but they are just freaks of nature! Unnatural eyes with unnatural tails.

There's actually very little "natural" about them.  As your final statement demonstrates!

I've been trying to think about having a boring fish and can't think of one :)
And I own mostly boring fish according to this thread
tongue2.gif

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 

That's why there is so many flavors of ice cream and pizza!

Ok, so the most boring fish have to be my neon tetras.. they just all like sit there, unless they're eating! sissies.

Here's a favorite you're not going to hear often.. Black skirt tetras. I have 10 of these bad boys, and they school sooooooo tight! I love it. and they look like fighter jets from WWII when they go across the length of my 55.

Ruskull said:

The third time was the charm for me.  I tried a Flame Dwarf Gourami first and he died  within a week.  Second was an awesome Powder Blue that looked like it was on steroids!  He lasted for almost a year, and seemed very happy & in charge of whatever tank I had him in.  I've had my Red Dwarf Gourami for almost a year now and he's doing great.  At least I hope he stays healthy, you just never know with DG's.  He currently rules a 20 gallon with a huge Bolivian Ram, a Fancy Molly and small Tetras.
2nd time was a charm for me. first time I acclimated correctly.. died overnight. :( 2nd one, I've had over 2 weeks now and he's awesome!

Teras.  They always got diseases when my other fish didn't.  Plus they just hid in a little group towards the back of my tank.  Other people seem to really like them.  Guess they're just not my thing.

Most reactions

Back