More Then One Opaline Male

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fertilizer ? and my lighting is at 15 Watts

15 watts in a 55 gallon would be a very low light setup. It should still work for Anubias, Wisteria & possibly Lemon Bacopa though.

The fertilizer I'm talking about is called Seachem Flourish and you can get it at PetCo or PetSmart. There are 2 basic types: Liquid for the whole tank or tablets that you push down into the gravel or sand. Obviously the tabs won't work as well as the liquid type for Anubias, since those p-lants should be tied to driftwood with black or brown thread. It's a bit expensive for either option, I believe the liquid type comes in a bottle about the size of a shampoo bottle for about $15 but it should last a long time.

Could I get a picture on how a female would look just so I can get an idea of when I got to my lfs

Feamles have rounded fins & bodies that are less tall but longer & fatter in the middle. Here's a picture of my Oplaine female:

DSCN0379.jpg

would females have those 2 long whickers im sorry for the ignorance under the head or body they look like feelers almost because i dont see it in the picture you showed me and your female opaline is beautiful i saw one just like that in my lfs and i hesitated on getting it because i didnt know if it was female or male

All Gouramis have the long whiskers, male or female.

Have you figured out if your Gold is a male or female yet? Post a pic & I'll give you my best guess...............

20120120_144308.jpg

This is a picture of my gourami ill post one more

20120120_144354.jpg http:

This is another

20120120_144354.jpg

And this is another

20120120_144308.jpg

This is a picture of my gourami ill post one more

20120120_144354.jpg http:

This is another

20120120_144354.jpg

And this is another

Lokks like a young male to me. The length of the dorsal fin is the giveaway. It's not pointing that much toward the rear but it will as he gets older & more mature. You can also see the flatter body shape & the anal fin is a bit longer in males...........

He's a good looking fish, I had a Gold Gourami male that was a bit darker in color & heis name was King Tiger. He was extremely aggressive to any other fish in the tank, especially a big Sailfin Molly and any female Gouramis............good luck, I hope yours isn't that mean.

thank you I simply adore mine as you can see he has alittle bit of red around his face and then he has blue on all his fins that glow I love it and actually hes not aggressive at all I have some Mollies in there and its juzt so amazing how he gets along with all his tank mates I have Bolivian rams and everytime they see each other they just stare and go about there business

thank you I simply adore mine as you can see he has alittle bit of red around his face and then he has blue on all his fins that glow I love it and actually hes not aggressive at all I have some Mollies in there and its juzt so amazing how he gets along with all his tank mates I have Bolivian rams and everytime they see each other they just stare and go about there business

Sounds like you have the perfect mix :good:

I'd be a little worried about adding anything to a tank that already has a good vibe going on. You don't want to disrupt the balance of power.

Adding a couple of female THree Spots, whether they be Blue, Opaline, etc. might be the exception since The Gold male needs friends too. I found some awesome looking Platinum Gouramis locally & I was soooooo tempted to get one but I didn't want to take a chance with the the balance of power in my tank.

Yeah no im just going to get some female gourami to give my male some company

Perfect. I would recommend adding 2 females at the same time so the aggressive advances of the male are split between the 2 of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back