Moral issues

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

GuppyBreeder180604

Fishaholic
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me a 2.5 gallons (10 liters) aquarium as a gift and i scaped it with some river sand and river rocks, a few pieces of pearl weed, some moss and a spathiphyllum, it has a DIY filter and i am currently looking for a heater small enough.
The moral issue here lies on my soul asking me for a betta but my brain telling me "bettas need at least 15 liters and you only have 10, 5 liters can make a difference"

My history with bettas is not great as when i was starting out in the fish hobby i had bettas in 0.5 and 1 liter bowls and jars with clown puke gravel, no filter and no heater, while doing 100% water changes and i used to have this bad habit of picking up the fish with my hands (still have it but to control it i go fishing, where i can safely manipulate and touch fish all day long) and so it is safe to say that they did not live that long, in fact one of them that was a great looking royal blue crown tail died in just 3 days. And i got so sad wheneverr they died that i got traumatized by realising how horribly i treated them once i learned ow to take care of fish the proper way, but i have never kept bettas since then because of the trauma and so i want to give them another try but do not know if they are gonna be ok in 2.5 gallons, i do not want to make the wrong choice beause i am afraid that if it dies prematurely i would get so messed up that i would never try to keep bettas again.

so, should i give it a shot or should i wait to get a 15 liter (4 gallon) tank and just stock this one with less than 1 month old guppy fry?

Move the Spathiphyllum plant out because it's a garden plant and will rot in the water. Put a couple of shrimp in the tank and leave it at that.

Move the Spathiphyllum plant out because it's a garden plant and will rot in the water. Put a couple of shrimp in the tank and leave it at that.
spathiphyllum in fact are even better than pothos in aquariums, i use them in my shrimp tanks, fry tanks and my 55 gallon backyard pond and they do just fine in a submerged roots or riparian situation

Most reactions

trending

Back