Moon-light

rossyboy

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds, UK
Do fish prefer a 'moon light' at night, or total darkness?

Now, obviously I can't ask them lol, so what are you experiences?

I keep Tanganikyan cichlids, most the species I have are cave dwellers or shell dwellers....

I have a blue LED light on the roof of my tank which shines down behind my rock stack so illuminate (low light) the back of the tank at night in a blue colour.

Soon as i turn the main lights off, these fish which normally cling to there rocks, caves and shells suddenly all/most make a trip to the top of the tank to sit under the moonlight, all crammed together?

I'm just confused/interested in what other people have found :)

Ps, here's a pic of my setup-

ST831326.jpg
 
IMO fish should have time in darkness, they would naturally, so I wouldnt leave the moonlight on all night, its good to have it to slowly change from night to day and visa versa, but then after a few hours, turn them off completely.
 
IMO fish should have time in darkness, they would naturally, so I wouldnt leave the moonlight on all night, its good to have it to slowly change from night to day and visa versa, but then after a few hours, turn them off completely.

Yep I agree :good:
 
I think moon lights are very important and i leave mine on 24/7.
the fish aren't timid at night so they rest much better.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top