Mollies

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bones

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how long baby mollies take to grow big enough to put them back in the tank with my mollies & Guppies, at the moment they are in a breeding net & they are a week old ;)

I say, that when they are too big to fit in the adults mouths, then it's ok. ;) Fry don't grow as well in breeding nets as they would in the main tank (not enough room or something), so when I find new fry in my tanks, I will place them in the breeding net and leave them there only till they are big enough to be let out into the main tank. I find they grow a ton faster in the main tank, so only keep them in the breeding net as long as you have to. :thumbs:

Same as the reply above when the are big enough not to fit in another fish mouth, if you want to keep fry maybe you should invest in a 10gal tank, if you put the fry back into the main tank you will have in breeding and this will weaken the strain of the mollies.

Usually if you provide enough hiding space they will be ok, well some of them will. If you really want all of them, then yes get another tank like a 10 gall. I had mine in a breeding net and they were pretty small. When I moved them in the 10 gallon w/my others they grew pretty quickly.

When they are about double in length from when they were first born they should be ok depending upon the other fish you have in your tank.

Most reactions

Back