Mollies

Aquagurl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi! :D
I was thinking about getting mollies! if anybody kept them, is it easy? do they require any special care? which ones are the best (pics please)? :fish: are they easy to keep? will they live ok with platies? and could you tell me how to tell them apart (male & female)??
and if anybody could post some pics, that would be great!!
thanx in advance!!!!!!!!!! ;)

well i believe mollies are brackish. I have kept a black velvet and a silver sailfin. The sailfin lived longer but i didnt have it in brackish water

here is a sailfin(mine was silver)
molly2.jpg

and here is a velvet(thats just wat i think they are....anyway heres a pic)

molly.jpg

GET MOLLYS!!!

THEYRE AWSOME!!

AND THEY BREED MAJORLY!

and u dont relly need brakish water for them. but make sure to get more females then males. and ull have hundreds of these dudes in ur tank in no time.

I cant stop mine. Had the tank 1 month got the black mollies (2F/1M) for the cycle. 2 fry on day 2, 3 more yesterday. I dunno what to do with them. I've only got a 15g tank and I want some other types. :/

They should do. I've got a fair few plants to hide in and not many fish (small as well). I've heard that they have between 10-100 fry and I only get 2's and 3's. I think they're getting eaten because I read on here that when they eat babies their poo goes bright pink and really long and I've noticed. :sick: I've heard that water changes can trigger it as well and I did one just before both births. Good luck! :)

They mostly hang up the top in the vallis (vallisneria or something like that). Reedy looking things that are really long, pretty hardy, and fast growing. Let them grow long so they float on the top of the water. I trimmed mine back recently and lost the three new fry. Not to concerned as I only have one 15g tank and don't want it overstocked with mollies. I have three clumps of them. They seem to give the most protection. Only mollies, pencilfish and glass catfish (see sig) are in there at the moment. They're supposed to like hard brackish alkaline water, mine's alkaline but soft. :dunno:

Most reactions

Back