Mollies Shaking.? Help Please....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

KristenW2013

Reaction score
So I bought three new fish two days ago, and it seems something is wrong. One seems to be perfect, and fits in with the other mollies. And then there are two who seem to be shaking.? They seem to show the signs of being stressed, but I don't know what could be stressing them out when all the others are fine. Is it because they are new.? Why are they shaking.?

did you cycle the aquarium?

if not they may have ammonia poisoning
but im no expert so come along and correct me please

It's not a new tank. It's been set up and has been cycled. As long as im thinking of the same thing you are...

I just added these three fish. I've never had them shaking like this before and I've had/have other mollies. I can't imagine them having ammonia poisoning, they're the only fish doing it and there are only ten fish in a fifty gallon fish tank...but I might be wrong. Lol.

Are they males that are shaking? I've not had mollies before but a common livebearer thing is to do a sort of weird shaky "dance" things to show off your awesomeness to females... or anyone else watching. Could that be it? If so, absolutely nothing to worry about.

Another possibility is the shimmies. Not that familiar how to treat them though.

I gave up on mollies cos they all went with the shimmies.

They're females

But what are the shimmies and how do I get rid of them.?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back