Mollie question

Kissifish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:( This is not my day!!!!!!!!!! My female mollie is nipping her tankmate. He seems to have no energy and is laying on the bottom of the tank until she bothers him again. Is he dying? When he does swim around, she chases him and nips. I have just had these for 2 days and they came from the same tank in the store.

when i added a new male to my tank he did the same thing just kinda hid in the rocks for almost 5 days then he started messing around with the female...I thought she was pregnant but unfourtunately she died :no: (i am sure it was my fault for cleaning my tank to well...gravel vacs are the devil)...Watch the molly and make sure it not anything more serious though....but he is proly just a bit freaked out right now

See, when I got my two new mollies a little over a week ago, they seemed REALLY happy when I put them in the quarantine tank. But then a few hours after I put them in there, they were both just kinda laying on the bottom. Still alive and everything...I don't know why they did that. They only came up when I put food in. They did that for about the first 5 or so days. But then, the day that I put them in the 10 gallon, they seemed to be really happy again. I was worried that they weren't going to like the new tank. But they do.

I don't know why they like to lay on the bottom like that. I know that all of my other mollies did it too...but those ones died because of my inexperience...so...dunno

:( Well, he didn't make it. Took him back to the store where I purchased him (they have a 72 hour guarantee) and noticed other fish in the tank he came from are dying also. Live and learn!!!!!!! :grr: :( :angry:

In my ten gallon tank, I have one lonely angel who is about to get a friend and two plecos who are about 4 and 5 inches long. I know. I know. I'm trying to find someone who wants them but I need to replace them as algae eaters. They have done such a good job!!! Thought about Otocinclus (spellling?), but don't want too many or to few with the angels.

Does anybody have experience with Otos?

fish could of died from transportation stress.
difference in water chemistry from the shop tank to your tank.

i have three otos!! an dthere are great they dnt gorw very big very friendly and best of all eat all algae!!! ALL !!! lol hehehe :D :lol: what do u want to know? about them?

:D How many can I add to a 10 gal. tank with 2 angels, a mollie, and 4 tetras? (Am putting my lonely angel in with the other guys and taking the plecos to an outdoor goldfish pond)

Most reactions

Back