Mola Mola - Fishless Cycle Log

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Waterdrop or Eagle told me that if the Nitrites stay above 5ppm for 7 days than do a water change to bring them down. That may be a good idea in your case. ;)

Do you have a Petsmart around you? They usually have some. ;)

No posted for a few days, so here is an update

Day 22

ammonia - 0 ppm (re-dosed to 3 ppm)
nitrite - off the scale
nitrate - not tested
ph - 7.6

Day 23

nitrite - off the scale
nitrate - not tested
ph - 7.6

Day 24

nitrite - off the scale
nitrate - not tested
ph - 7.6

Must be any day soon! :)

Day 25

ammonia - 0 ppm
nitrite - 0 ppm
nitrate - not tested
ph - 7.6

OMG! The nitrite has gone! :yahoo:

So HAPPY! :yahoo:

I am going to wait until this evening to re-dose and then start doing 12 hour tests.

Day 25

ammonia - 0 ppm
nitrite - 0 ppm
nitrate - not tested
ph - 7.6

OMG! The nitrite has gone! :yahoo:

So HAPPY! :yahoo:

I am going to wait until this evening to re-dose and then start doing 12 hour tests.

:hyper:

Getting close Mola, all you need is that Ammonia & Nitrite dissapearing after 12hrs :good:

LP

Getting close Mola, all you need is that Ammonia & Nitrite dissapearing after 12hrs :good:

LP

Thanks LP. Not quite ready today.

Day 26 - 8:30am

ammonia - 0 ppm
nitrite - off the chart
nitrate - not tested
ph - 7.6

As expected the ammonia has gone, but nitrite is off the chart. I am not going to re-dose immediately, because I don't want to build up a big backlog of nitrite. Instead I am going to re-dose back up to 5ppm this evening, and test again tomorrow morning.

I agree, just dose every 24 hrs. When both Ammonia and Nitrite are being processed in 24 hrs then start the 12hr tests.

LP

I agree, just dose every 24 hrs. When both Ammonia and Nitrite are being processed in 24 hrs then start the 12hr tests.

LP

Thanks. At the moment, 3ppm of ammonia is definitely being processed all the way through to nitrate in 24 hours, and that is also with the nitrite starting off the chart (i.e. the nitrite converters are converting more than 5ppm of nitrite, plus all the new nitrite generated from the 3ppm of ammonia, in 24 hours). So, hopefully not too far away now.

I'll dose again at 8:30 tonight and see how it goes.

Day 27- 8:30am

ammonia - 0 ppm
nitrite - off the chart
nitrate - not tested
ph - 7.6

Boo! :)

Will re-dose to 5ppm at 8:30pm

One morning you will test and wam the nitrite will have gone :D

LP

Most reactions

Back