Mixing Lambchop Rasboras With Harliquin Rasboras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jrussuk

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi i had 6 Lambchop Rasboras but over the past 6 months ive lost 3 and cant find them in any lfs, the closest i can find is harliquin rasboras. Could i get 3 or 4 of the harliquins to get the school back up to make the lambchops happy?

many thanks

i believe they are the same fish, think it's just a different common name :good:

Thats what i thought as they look the same but they are two diffrent species (harliquins are larger)

My apologies, looks like they are two different species, really surprised!

Trigonostigma espei - Lambchop rasbora;
Trigonostigma hengeli - Harlequin Rasbora

in short yes i think they would school together to an extent as they are very similar looking, they would probably be more comfortable with they're own species but i think this solution is better than nothing

yeah crazy, i hadn't heard of them before so googled for a pic, though, yeah that's a harlequin, and the first site i looked at had them both listed as common names for the hengeli's. bit more digging later though proved that site wrong. :rolleyes:

Trigonostigma espei - Lambchop rasbora;
Trigonostigma hengeli - Harlequin Rasbora
not quite correct
Rasbora heteromorpha is the harliquin rasbora
Trigonostigma hengeli is Hengels' rasbora or glowlight rasbora :good:

edit
3rasbora.jpg

this shows all three of them
1st R.heteromopha
2nd T.hengeli
3rd T.espei

I HAVE BOTH GLOW LIGHT AND HARLEQUIN'S AND THEY SCHOOL JUST FINE,

JAKE

I've got a mixed group of Lambchop and Harlequin rasboras and they happily school together.

I only found this out a couple of minutes ago, until I saw The Wolf's pics though I thought they we're all Harlequins but with colour variation between the sexes :blush:

You learn something every day on this site :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back