Missing Anal Fin? Deformed Fish?

sbga

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey I was checking out my fish today.... I noticed that one of my green tiger barbs has no anal fin. It wasn't eaten or fin rot or anything, it simply has nothing there. He swims around fine, however sometimes he looks a little wobbly. This was weird because I have had him for a while and never noticed it until today... there is no spot on his skin where it used to be or anything, like its not supposed to be there.... is this a rare deformation or something?
 
Not sure about what happened to his anal fin.
When you as wobbly do you mean he losses his balance.
 
yeah sometimes he looks like he loses his balance a little bit, but not a lot and other than that he swims around fine and chases the other tigers. I'll try to get a pic but he is small and I only have a cell phone camera
 
Ok just feed some cooked peas to the fish.
It could be his missing anal fin that makes him abit wobbly but not sure.
 
Yeah, Im sure its just the missing fin causing it because he's been wobbly like that ever since I got him a few months ago. I have also been feeding them defrosted but not cooked frozen peas for a while now
 
Why anyone would want to remove fins just to make a fish a certain shape is crazy.

Best to cook the peas for a few minutes, pop out of shell, mush between fingers and add to the tank.
 
The weird thing is, there is no mark or anything where the anal fin should be. I had the fish for a while, and I always thought there was something different about him and I just noticed what it was today
 
Not sure how Tiger barbs are produced these days but I'd guess at mass farming? One of my Y. sidthimunki has no right pectoral fin and is happy as a box of frogs nontheless! These fish are all hormone bred so it's not much of a suprise.
It's just a developmental defect and shouldnt really affect him :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top