Microdevario kubotai

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these? They were on my candidate list when I set up the nano but I opted for CPD instead.

I am considering a group of 20-30 for my 20G which currently has 6 ambastaia sidthimunki, which I will probably increase to around 12. Water is very soft (0dGH) and acidic (<6.5pH), and has a good flow with high oxygenation. I think the sids may benefit from a dither fish as the females have taken to hiding when I enter the room. They do come out to play after I have been there for a while. They were always out and about when in a community setup.

The fact that they occur in the same locality is an obvious attraction but I also think that this could make a great display.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these? They were on my candidate list when I set up the nano but I opted for CPD instead.

I am considering a group of 20-30 for my 20G which currently has 6 ambastaia sidthimunki, which I will probably increase to around 12. Water is very soft (0dGH) and acidic (<6.5pH), and has a good flow with high oxygenation. I think the sids may benefit from a dither fish as the females have taken to hiding when I enter the room. They do come out to play after I have been there for a while. They were always out and about when in a community setup.

The fact that they occur in the same locality is an obvious attraction but I also think that this could make a great display.
Sorry to butt into your thread. Love CPD's but i keep seening 'sids' everywhere latey. What species are they?

Ambastaia sidthimunki. They used to be called Botia sidthimunki then Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki so you'll probably see websites using any of those three names. Common name dwarf chain loach.

I had Microdevarios several years ago when I had a 125 litre tank, I preferred small shoals of lots of fish back then so I had about 8 of them. They would look stunning in a big group.

I had Microdevarios several years ago when I had a 125 litre tank, I preferred small shoals of lots of fish back then so I had about 8 of them. They would look stunning in a big group.
Recently I have been tending towards bigger groups with fewer species. That would be all for this tank.
@essjay IIRC you used to (or do?) keep sids, were they together?

Ambastaia sidthimunki. They used to be called Botia sidthimunki then Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki so you'll probably see websites using any of those three names. Common name dwarf chain loach.
Another common or pet name is monkeys. A very apt description of their behaviour :)

I've just checked my fish notebook, and yes I did have the two species at the same time. I am embarrassed to say they were in a tank too small for the sids, and I didn't have enough of them, but I didn't have any problems with them or I would have made a note.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back