Micro Crabs Birth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Liam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
A pic of the larvae being released. there are two larvae in this pic. Another crab remained attached to the mum while she was releasing them, not sure why. I put more of pics of them on crustaforum invert site if anyone is interested in seeing them.

c1-1.jpg

Wowww! :hyper: Mini hairy monsters :lol: Really missed seeing your amazing pictures. Love the Fissidens too :good:

Haven't been following the progress of micro crab breeding lately. Are their any reports of successful breeding yet?

Thanks Paul :good:

Hi iSnail. I put pics on crustaforum these days. I don't think anyone has raised the larvae past 9 days so far at least not that I have heard of. They lasted a few days for me, I haven't seen any today, they are so tiny its hard to see them.
Cheers
Peter.

Wow that really is an outstanding pic. Wonder if they could be raised in a very small tank or something? Sadly my micro crabs must have perished after the tank move as I dont see them anymore. Plus that tank seems to be cursed as only cherry shrimp will live in it and even then I dont see many babies. I have decided to scrap it and move them into my now renovated 40gal though the fish in there might just be too much for micro crabs so no more for me :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back