Mice

fishyjessie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have been breeding mice for some time now, mostly feeding the babies to my father-in-laws oscars, but I am intrested in breeding a specific color. Thoes that strike me are gold and the tri-color(black, white, and tan). Any ideas how to get started? Right now my population includes white, black, and one black and white(bought from the store).

I know this is sort of an old post but Im ganna reply..

I used to breed mice just for fun I had some for pets and got into the baby mouse thing and tried some stuff...

I had a solid orange female and a black male with a white stripe down the middle of his body..Twinky and Cupcake..( i know how original) Anyway I had the same idea of the tricolor offspring and to my dismay every baby they ever had was SOLID black. I dont know how long you have to keep trying to get some result youre looking for, but i didnt allow inbreeding and after 5 litters I gave up. :/

Getting calico mice is very hard and you are more likely to get a calico from breeding two blacks than a black and white mouse, with a tan mouse. It's all about the genes and pairing and stuff. I dont know much about it but the mice at the store where I worked always made the cutest little fancy mice. They looked like cows. Breed an albino with a black or an albino with a tan and see what happens. If it doesn't work out sell them to the lps or feed them to your snakes.

thanks guys, ive manages to get two colored mice before, i guess i just have to hope im lucky to get three colors. :p :thumbs: :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back