Miagi's Marine Nano

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks Ski. I eventually came to the same conclusion (ie Bar Goby ((I think Juvie though)), after you, and others at another forum helped me. Cheers.

Got 3 new inhabitants, one tiny Bi-Colour Blenny, and two Black Acro Gobies. Havnt got a pic of the Bicolour, he is too nrervous, but getting better, and I only rarely see the gobies now and again.

DSC05656.jpg

Looks great. I hear you about them being nervous, my bar goby is a WUSS :lol:

just out of curiosity are those aquaone powerheads i see in the corner look similar to the power head in my freshie

just out of curiosity are those aquaone powerheads i see in the corner look similar to the power head in my freshie

Yep, two Aquaones, and one Rio, just cheapy $2 PH's from a garage sale, LOL. I just wanted to change the flow type, I had too much laminar flow, and it wasnt good for my inhabitants IMO. :nod: Now there is a similar flow rate, but the flow can vary, and 'tumble' around. :good: I also removed the flow restrictor.

oooh nice pico, how big is it? 5 gallons?

Thanks Demon, ill have to check on that, I actually dont know! :p

GORGEOUS wrasses :D. First one is a Lineatus yes? Not sure what that second one is, but I've seen it in the "wrasse tank" at my LFS. Stunning whatever it is :good:. Let me know what your Rainsford eats. Mine only seems to like the scrapings off my glass :lol:

GORGEOUS wrasses :D. First one is a Lineatus yes? Not sure what that second one is, but I've seen it in the "wrasse tank" at my LFS. Stunning whatever it is :good:. Let me know what your Rainsford eats. Mine only seems to like the scrapings off my glass :lol:

Thanks Ski. Yeah, I agree with the Lineatus ID, man, I didnt realise how much they go for in the states! :hey: I bought mine for $52AUS or 21GBP or $41 USD. The Rainsford took a mouthful of flake, which is encouraging signs. He did eat Live Brine at the store also. Scrapings off the glass eh? Do you think they eat the Micro-inverts we were discussing in Bunji's movie/video thread?

love the first wrasse looks :drool:

Thanks Demon, he is better looking outside the bag, LOL. He is a really nice fish though, and comes out when your infront pering in! :good:

Wrasse in Reef#2 was getting beat and chased by my A. akindynos pair. But, I had planned for this, so I bought 2 plastic food safe containers the week before. Placed together, used the dremel to cut an access roof and some holes for cable ties, heres pics. It really helped him overnight, he was really stressed and breathing heavily. He came out on his own, so thats encouraging.

DSC05720.jpg

Thanks Ski. Yeah, I agree with the Lineatus ID, man, I didnt realise how much they go for in the states! I bought mine for $52AUS or 21GBP or $41 USD.

HOLY! Thats unheard of around here. A lineatus can go for $200-$300 dpending on the size! Heck, you can barely buy a flasher wrasse for $40 around here...

Do you have an ID on the second blue wrasse?

IMO, its a Scott's Fairy Wrasse ie. this picture form marinecenter.com, but I dont have a proper ID book for fish. There are similarities between the Scott's and mine in regards to coloration, but mine is still slightly different. I wonder how much colour variation there is? The main ID point ive used is the mouth and fin stuctrures/position. Your thoughts?

Thanks Demon, I hope I dont either! :D He is out of it now, but he hides behind it, Before, the Chromis had a few nibbles at him but now the Chromis ignore him completely and arnt giving him trouble, so hope the Clowns settle soon.

Cheers Shafty. I like mine with just LR, ive been watching macro develope. :D

A pic outa da bag Wrasse in Reef#1

DSC05750.jpg

what lovley looking fish that scotts wrasse is stunning :drool: :drool:

been looking at some wrasses maybe for my 30g tank but not sure if most wrasses need a bigger tank was looking at peacock wrasses the other day :drool: :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back