Miagi's Marine Nano

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mr Miagi

Veins are flowing with SW, now going back to FW!
Reaction score
Well, this is my 20g. Its gone through a bit of pain of late. It aint looking the best its ever been, but I try. :blush: The brain down front middle has retracted since my tank re-cycle, the Alveopora has also gone down hill, which is a shame since it was doing really well, and extending alot. Introduced my real first clean-up crew. It consisted of dozens of micro hermits and 13 snails (Not what I ordered online, but who can complain about freebies!).

Ill update things when things change!

Check out PAGE 4 for new pics! :hyper:

Looks great Mr M :)

I like the aquascaping, it's different from the usual wall of rock and it lives a nice big free space in the middle which makes the tank look bigger :thumbs:

Why did the tank re-cycle?
Goodjob, keep it up

Dan

Looks great Mr M :)

I like the aquascaping, it's different from the usual wall of rock and it lives a nice big free space in the middle which makes the tank look bigger :thumbs:

Why did the tank re-cycle?
Goodjob, keep it up

Dan

Thanks Dan! My tank re-cycled when I took my live rock out, and killed a mantis. I placed the LR in hot water, and raised temps. This not only killed some bacteria on my LR, but when re-aquascaping, I disturbed the sand-bed.

You had a mantis!? :crazy:

I thought i was unlucky :lol: Sorry to hear about that neway. I had to put one rock in hot water and all the coraline died off so i have a white rock now :/ Still it was worth it to catch the little so-n-so.

Have you kept the mantis or flushed him? Any pics?

Dan

I like your tank Mr. Miagi, I've seen it in other forums, and liked it there as well. :nod: I really like the shape, a 20g long? Great choice, I think much easier to light probably and has more swimming room for the fish. You've got some very pretty macro growth as well, it really complements the tank. I agree, the tank looks much bigger than it is, but you an old planted pro, so you know about layout.:D

If you don't mind asking? What are your stats and the basics of your setup (lighting, sump, water circulation, etc.)? Thanks a bunch in advance. It's just I'm thinking about going nano and I like to get as much information as possible before I begin.

Have you kept the mantis or flushed him? Any pics?
Dan

Well, I never actually saw the guy die LOL! :lol: After I placed the rock back in the tank, all ws quite, and ive never heard another "click" since. No body was recovered lol!

If you don't mind asking? What are your stats and the basics of your setup (lighting, sump, water circulation, etc.)? Thanks a bunch in advance. It's just I'm thinking about going nano and I like to get as much information as possible before I begin.

Thanks LLj. I deffinately wouldnt consider myself a plantpro. LOL, you should see my planted tank now. Kinda has taken a back seat to this nano... :blush:

You can find all my tank details, along with all the other nanos here: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=130515

Thanks guys!

I wish I had a Higher Res. camera. I think this shot would have been awsome if I did! :fun:

rtawcompstripes.jpg

Luvly looking tank there!

Does look much bigger than a 20g though - shows what a well thought out layout can do 8)

Miagi, how do you clowns get along with your lion? any trobles at all there? IF not maybe I will return my cardnal and get a Dwarf lion for the 20 long im setting up.

Looking good, gotta love that lion!

What kinda tank will it be going into?

Ben

Thanks everyone for your comments! :)

Cheers Ben. I plan to add a refugium with a DSB, flowing into small sump housing my heater and the return pump. This should increase water volume by around 25-30%. I then plan to get the actual tank re made, as its about 2" too small for the footprint of its stand, and ill get an external overflow so as not to take up more space inside the actual tank.

Then im thiking about 2x 150W MH's. (Need a hood for that). So, long story short, the tank is going to be changing ALOT in the coming months I hope. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back