Mexican Dwarf Orange Crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stanleo

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
My new buddy. I had another but he disappeared while I was out of town for a few days. I had him for a couple months so I decided to try another one. I haven't seen him molt yet but he seems to do well and from everything I have read my tank should be a good home for him. The angel seems to not even notice him and there are plenty of hiding places. I am thinking of getting 3 more to see how they interact with each other. They sure are neat little guys and go everywhere in the tank. 

That all being said I would love to hear if anyone else has any experience with them.

Looking nice, from what I have read on them they are meant to be peaceful towards other fish (generally but may be the odd exception), not be mad keen on burrowing and not huge plant destroyers.
However I would try to sex the one you currently have before getting any more since males will kill other males and my experience with crayfish in Australia has been that any cray whether its a male or female is fair game to be attacked and possibly eaten when moulting even with ample hidey holes for everyone.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back