Metroplex

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Hey. Tolak, sent me 2 containers of MetroPlex for my angelfish. Tolak told me to mix it with brine shrimp and feed it to them. But, my dad left our Deep freeze door open to let it thaw out, and he runined the food. So, could i put it int he water? It says you can do that, but im not sure if it will work the same if it is in the water. I could buy more Brine Shrimp, i just wanted to know if it would still work the same.
 
Okay, i bought some BS. But, how many times do i have to feed it to them? It dosent say on the thing.
 
Do i have to let the med completely dissolve before feeding, or let it stay in the little pellet form?
 
What I usually do is put some frozen brine shrimp in a shotglass (this is why aquarists keep shotglasses in the fishroom, don't let anyone tell you any different) and sprinkle some metro on top. By the time the shrimp has thawed the metro has soaked in a little. I mix it in & feed it.

If the med is pelletized you could crush it up, or go watch tv until it dissolves, this depends if there is anything good on tv.
 
Ohhh. I put a little bit of water in a cup, and put the shrimp in there, and mix it up. I tihnk i have been feeding it to them wrong! Tolak, you crack me up! So, let them thaw on there own, and mix the med w/ no water?
 
The water will dilute the meds. When I normally thaw brine shrimp I put it in a shrimp cocktail glass, of all things, with some tank water. I go around the tanks with a large medicine dropper, feeding the appropriate amount. When I add meds with no water I just put in a pinch of shrimp with my fingers, which is a bit messy but does work.
 
ROFLOL. I use a medicine shooter thingy when i feed mine. I will try your method. So, should i re-start the treatment?
 
Sorry guy's but can u explain MetroPlex as not seen it in the UK
 
Oh i see, so the reason why i not herd of it then is coz it's an Antibiotic and we cant buy it over the counter here in the UK.
 
Most likely, but according to things i've read and heard about Metro, its a very good drug . Im just hopeing it does the job.
 
OHHH ####! She stopped eating! Is that because the med is killing the parasite, or is she not going ot eat again?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top