Memoirs Of A Geisha

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Still haven't seen it ! :(

But read the book years ago and it's definitely one of my top 5 most loved books (not sure what the other 4 are, but it's definitely up there ! :lol: )

If you've read the book too, does it compare well ? Movies are very rarely as good as a book.

Unfortunately I never did read the book although I keep meaning to get a copy and read it! I havent picked up a book in quite a while! It was definately a good film though worth seeing!

i read the book not long a go and is one of my fav, but i haven't seen the film and im not sure if i want to, the book was great but is the movie possible to reach my high standards compared to the book

it was extremly well writen, and i think it can't be beaten by the film, like in the case of the LotR tri, so much was missed from tolkens books... :/

I expect it has missed alot from the book I will have to get hold of it and read it! Yeah the LOTR films were rubbish compared to the books then again (ashamed to admit it) so were the Harry Potter films the books are soooo much better! I suppose its like that with most things!

The LotR films may have missed out and edited a lot of information (Haldir never died...he never even went to fight... - sorry, had to include that...my Haldir-fangirl-friend is standing behind me) but they were still amazing films...

If you take a lot of films in their context rather than their actual likeness to a book, they're usually actually quite good - apart from the Harry Potter films...don't get me started on those.

Mind you, I'm still a book person...I much prefer them to films!

:lol: but did you see or even read Memoirs of a Geisha ?

:lol: Just checking
shutup.gif

I read the book but havn't got around to watching the movie yet. The book was an enjoyable read, but studying the "flower and willow world" is one of my hobbys and i can say that memoirs of a geisha had a lot of flaws if you are looking at it from a serious or historical point of view, but it was none the less and enjoyable read other than that. If anyones into geisha, samurai, kimono or any other of that similar stuff, this is a good forum for that kind of discussion :) ;

http://www.immortalgeisha.com/ig_bb/index.php

Most reactions

Back