Melting anubias barteri not springing back

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

alli789

Reaction score
I'm a first time live plant owner and I recently put a bunch of new tissue culture anubias barteri in my tank (yes, glued to hardscape!) About half of the plants are thriving now (a few weeks later) but about 4 of them melted. I pruned off the melting leaves and stems and left them, thinking they'd grow back, but 2 weeks after doing that, the melted plants look the same. (They might have melted further, I haven't touched them since last week's water change.) They're also growing a good bit of biofilm. Do we think they're not going to make it or should I give them more time? They're pretty much just down to the rhizomes at this point.

I would just leave them be for now, and see what happens...the rhizomes ARE planted above the substrate, correct?

Do you dose any fertilizers? How long do you keep your light on for in a day?

Do you dose any fertilizers? How long do you keep your light on for in a day?
I do dose a little bit of flourish but my plants don't really need it as most of them are thriving due to my very hard tap water with high nitrates. I only have java fern and anubias and only a couple of the anubias are melting. My light is on for 6 hours a day. I had it at 8 but I was getting algae so I turned it down.

I do dose a little bit of flourish but my plants don't really need it as most of them are thriving due to my very hard tap water with high nitrates. I only have java fern and anubias and only a couple of the anubias are melting. My light is on for 6 hours a day. I had it at 8 but I was getting algae so I turned it down.
Do you have any photos of the plant?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back