Melbourne Aquarium Pics

Thommo

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Adelaide, Australia
Just got back from Melbourne Aquarium a few days ago and I though I would share a few pics.
I really had a great day and was really quite impressed with the joint. I have also been to the Sydney Aquarium and I think this 1 kicks its ass.
Happy viewing

The fish bowl. Very impressive. The green sea turtles keep biting the divers :lol: and they have to wear helmets as the stingrays bite their heads to get the food
P3100113.jpg

P3100130.jpg


I want one!
P3100170.jpg

P3100183.jpg


Jelly Fish
P3100147.jpg


One ugly looking fish
P3100194.jpg


WOW
P3100206.jpg


Glass Catfish
P3100230.jpg


P3100210.jpg


Australian Billabong
P3100235.jpg


HUGE!!
P3100246.jpg


Part of the Amazonian tank with a few Discus
P3100228.jpg


This one is actually from the Melbourne ZOO. There is supposed to be a water snake in there
P3110453.jpg


CHEERS
Thommo
 
WOW!

I wish I had those tanks in my room! lol :lol:

I really like the plane setup! As I LOVE planes and fly them too!

Very nice pictures!
-FHM
 
I was hoping to see a leafy sea dragon as I believe it is indigenous to your part of the world... Still, looks cool.

Very nice the jellies remind me of those at Scarborough Blue planet.. just thought... @Uk'ers please don't laugh it puts Ellesmere Port Blue Planet to shame!
 
the one with glass catfish looks remarkably like home aquaria. hmmm :shifty:
 
Sorry about the Leafy sea dragon. There was one there but it kept hiding behind a pole so I couldn't get any good pics.

Penguins are so cute. They are on the next pet list.

Thanks all for looking. It is well worth the visit if you are in Melbourne one day.

CHEERS
Thommo
 

Most reactions

Back
Top