Melafix Dosing?

Jimbo1984

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
269
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheshire, UK
Hi. I use Melafix quite often as a lot of my fish get fin rips and general minor damage from fighting/spawning and scraping ornaments etc. I've started dosing it after a water change and repeatedly for a few days if rips are bad. I'm worried about overdosing as weekly water changes only remove 20-25% of previous doses, and then obviously the amount in the tank is topped up after the water change. Will this become an issue over time, or does it naturally evaporate/biodegrade? Also, is this the case for all products i.e. Seachem Prime?
 
To fully remove it, run some carbon in your filter. However, if you are only adding for minor scrapes, the best thing you can do is extra water changes as this is usually the best Ive found way of healing any such problems. You dont want to add meds unless you have to.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top