Meet The Superhumans

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Probably one of the most inspirational ads i have seen for a long time. Everyone should watch this ad once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuAPPeRg3Nw

it won't embed properly, so click the link.

Probably one of the most inspirational ads i have seen for a long time. Everyone should watch this ad once.

After reading this comment on YT:
I like the part where they show the complicated pregnancy. That was a good reminder that some of these folk have been b___h slapping the odds since they arrived on the planet, and they're not done showing the universe who's boss no matter what it throws at them.
toxlox2 17 hours ago 132
I remembered what someone posted on some forum. They said that soon, parents will be able to choose whether they want to keep a child or not if it:
a) Lacks limbs
b) Is unable to move properly
c) Has a disease
d) Has a genetic error that could affect their intelligence, even in the slightest.

So the only way people without limbs would exist anymore would be if they had accidents. But a lot of people would never be born and have a chance to become someone important in our world because of this.

That aside, it's nice to know that some people still fight to show they are capable of doing what they want, instead of just bumming it out on the streets like most crippled people do, at least around here. Though some of them may have a good reason to be bums, as they're seen as useless by companies.

After reading this comment on YT:
I like the part where they show the complicated pregnancy. That was a good reminder that some of these folk have been b___h slapping the odds since they arrived on the planet, and they're not done showing the universe who's boss no matter what it throws at them.
toxlox2 17 hours ago 132
I remembered what someone posted on some forum. They said that soon, parents will be able to choose whether they want to keep a child or not if it:
a) Lacks limbs
b) Is unable to move properly
c) Has a disease
d) Has a genetic error that could affect their intelligence, even in the slightest.

So the only way people without limbs would exist anymore would be if they had accidents. But a lot of people would never be born and have a chance to become someone important in our world because of this.

That aside, it's nice to know that some people still fight to show they are capable of doing what they want, instead of just bumming it out on the streets like most crippled people do, at least around here. Though some of them may have a good reason to be bums, as they're seen as useless by companies.
Believe it or not, its already a choice. One of my screening tests came up positive for Trisomy 18 when I was pregnant. I had the option to terminate should the worst be. The only problem with these screens and what not is that they are no where near as accurate as they should be. I chose to keep my child and have a healthy 5yr old girl.

Believe it or not, its already a choice. One of my screening tests came up positive for Trisomy 18 when I was pregnant. I had the option to terminate should the worst be. The only problem with these screens and what not is that they are no where near as accurate as they should be. I chose to keep my child and have a healthy 5yr old girl.
Not everywhere and for everything. In some countries, it is illegal to terminate a pregnancy.
And yeah, the lack of accuracy can mean terminating a child that could have been born perfectly fine.
Also, for some reason, the nicest people I know, including my best friend, have some genetic problems one way or another. Had they been killed before birth, there would be fewer nice people in this world.

That's because you're a good person. :good:

I've seen where some people want to terminate a pregnancy just because they wanted a boy rather than a girl or vise versa. :angry:

That's because you're a good person. :good:

I've seen where some people want to terminate a pregnancy just because they wanted a boy rather than a girl or vise versa. :angry:
Oh no! Thats that kind of stuff that makes me mad! I am blessed that both of my children are alive and well. I almost lost both of them. Sex of the baby was no factor. I would have been content with all boys or all girls (of course i really wanted a girl, what mom doesnt?) But to hear of people terminating for reasons such as that is just sickening. The only reason i would ever consider termination was if there was a high chance of birth with an illness incompatible with life, and even then , based on what I know now, i would still want to have the baby on the offchance that the tests were wrong. Termination over missing limbs or digits, oh heck no! As the video shows , people are doing great things and accomplishing a lot with what they were giving and do not let it define them as an individual. Thats what is truly beautiful. Someone that can be who they are and be comfortable with themselves. Its much more moving and beautiful to me than a perfect human being.

Oh no! Thats that kind of stuff that makes me mad! I am blessed that both of my children are alive and well. I almost lost both of them. Sex of the baby was no factor. I would have been content with all boys or all girls (of course i really wanted a girl, what mom doesnt?) But to hear of people terminating for reasons such as that is just sickening. The only reason i would ever consider termination was if there was a high chance of birth with an illness incompatible with life, and even then , based on what I know now, i would still want to have the baby on the offchance that the tests were wrong. Termination over missing limbs or digits, oh heck no! As the video shows , people are doing great things and accomplishing a lot with what they were giving and do not let it define them as an individual. Thats what is truly beautiful. Someone that can be who they are and be comfortable with themselves. Its much more moving and beautiful to me than a perfect human being.
DM: Here is the reason for that cruel choice.
In India for example, men are regarded more highly and the parents of a woman must pay for the wedding when she marries.
There are other countries (not sure but I think China is also part of them) where they prefer boys over girls, for financial and "honor" reasons.
Here's an animation someone made on that forum for 3D that I stay on. It's about India's discrimination on gender.

In India for example, men are regarded more highly and the parents of a woman must pay for the wedding when she marries.
There are other countries (not sure but I think China is also part of them) where they prefer boys over girls, for financial and "honor" reasons.
Here's an animation someone made on that forum for 3D that I stay on. It's about India's discrimination on gender.
I know the reasons. I have studied this stuff in high school and college. Doesn't make it any more right, regardless of how they try to justify it.

I know the reasons. I have studied this stuff in high school and college. Doesn't make it any more right, regardless of how they try to justify it.
Yeah, tradition, when it says to kill certain people for stupid reasons, is a bunch of bull dung to me. We used to have this Zalmoxes deity worshipers here, they used to offer sacrifices quite happy... heck, even the one to be sacrificed seemed happy. o_O Creepy stuff. There still are a few left, but they do not kill each other, they just welcome death happily.

Life is what "YOU" make it, and this video should set the example......well done to them...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back