Meds with aquarium salt?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Itsmemario

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there any meds you can't put with aquarium salt? I treated the tank with furan 2 for the fin rot and didn't think until after to check if it's ok. I couldn't find anything online about mixing salt and meds.

Also, kind of an update since I feel so helpless with his fin rot.
It looked kind of better for a couple days and by better I just mean there wasn't pieces coming off the fins and just last night it went back to having pieces come off.
There's salt, almond leaves and now the furan 2.

Another question, last night I decided to clean the sponges on the filter during the water change, I usually don't put too much work in it to not mess up the bacteria or something but to help him heal I decided to clean them real good in dechlorinated water. They were so dirty, I changed the water in the bucket 5 or 6 times and the water was still just as brown! Could that be why he's not healing, because they were left so dirty?

I just don't know how nothing is working, I know I sound like a broken record since there's so many fin rot posts on here lol
This pic is him now, his bottom fin is where pieces are coming off 20200814_100252_resize_61.jpg

Poor little guy .. :( Maybe try cleaning his whole tank and leave him and see the results?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back