Maybe a bit creepy!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ah, but do they beat show choir makeup?? (this was the result when my director said she wanted the judges to be able to see them from space 😳)
View attachment 338568
As the Good Book says, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might." I guess that applies to eye makeup too.

Also: Wow, you really don't look anything like your PFP.

I love every single thing about this photo. Even the look on your face is like "Go BIG with the eyeliner, or go home!"

You're rocking it pretty hard though, kudos to you for that! Now to find out what a show choir is... is it show tunes?? Because that sounds like a blast!
Thank you! Not necessarily--pretty much, you dance on risers whilst singing in costumes, creating a 15-20 minute show. Some shows tell a story (this year my director is doing a spin on Little Red Riding Hood), others revolve around a theme (an emotion, an idea, etc.), and there are some (while not as common anymore) that simply combine good choreo and vocals to produce a nice-looking production.
I think it's mainly a U.S. Midwest thing--however, here are some examples from my school's past shows.

Thank you! Not necessarily--pretty much, you dance on risers whilst singing in costumes, creating a 15-20 minute show. Some shows tell a story (this year my director is doing a spin on Little Red Riding Hood), others revolve around a theme (an emotion, an idea, etc.), and there are some (while not as common anymore) that simply combine good choreo and vocals to produce a nice-looking production.
I think it's mainly a U.S. Midwest thing--however, here are some examples from my school's past shows.
Me too, I wanna go! 🙋‍♀️

Me too, I wanna go! 🙋‍♀️
If a 22-23 hour day (you generally wake up between 3-4am, get to the school at 4-5am, and then drive to the school hosting the competition) sounds appealing, auditions for next year should be coming up soon!

It's definitely exhausting: rehearsals leave you sweating and tired (full cardio plus singing? It doesn't sound that hard, but throw in facials, vocal dynamics, and specific movement, and you'll see what I'm talking about), illnesses spread rampant (there are around 120 total kids between the three show choirs at my school, all of them being worn down and constantly exposed to each other and crowds...not to mention that singing is basically an advanced method of spreading spit particles), it's stupidly expensive (because the school board doesn't feel like backing it, you have to either fundraise and volunteer to earn money or flat out pay for the costs of travel, costumes, choreography, licensed sheet music, and competition fees), and there's that whole "performance + intense physical activity" thing---"fake-it-till-you-make-it" is a huge component. As long as you can move and fluids aren't coming out (those puking or having a nosebleed quickly get off stage), you're performing to the best of your ability. We've had a soloist who went offstage during a transition, puked, sang his solo, and then was offstage puking for the rest of the show. At a more recent comp we went to, we had a guy dislocate his shoulder after the first show, have it put back into place, and then perform the second time for finals (mind you, he lifts/drops several girls throughout the show); earlier in the day, a good friend of mine dislocated 5-8 of her ribs, and didn't realize until after she was done performing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back