May Start A Brackish Tank?

Naringlo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello.

I have just seen orange chromides. They look really good! It's tempted me to start a brackish tank. Soooo...

How do you start a brackish tank? I'm unsure of how this works and what you use.

And if I were to acquire two orange chromides or however many you need, what shoaling fish could I use? I read guppies like brackish water but I've never heard of this before. Is it true?

Also, what are some schooling brackish fish?

Tank size is 120L.

Thank you for reading.
smile.png

You cycle just as you would a freshwater tank by continuously adding an ammonia source and waiting for the cycle to complete.

You use marine salt to get to your desired SG, SG1.003@25degC would suffice for Orange Chromides. Mix this salt in with tap water and dechlorinator at water change time.

I've never kept Orange Chromides but I guess like other Cichled species you could keep singly or in an established pair, I don't know what the outcome would be if you added lots to the tank to see if a pair formed - maybe you would have to re-home the other fish due to aggression, maybe not? Others may be able to advise?

Guppies can survive in Brackish Water.

Don't know of a small shoaling fish that will be ok for your size tank, again maybe others can advise?

Indian glassfish? Parambassis ranga? No idea of compatibility, though, I don''t know about the chromides.

Sorry, forgot to update. On a community tank now, was just getting ahead of myself. Thanks for the info though, I love learning about this stuff.

Most reactions

Back