May Need To Move Tank

RedRobin

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
I am planning to wallpaper my front room where my fish tank is. It's a 100l (around 20 gallons) Jewel tank on a stand near one corner of the room. I can get round the sides and back of the tank for water changes/maintenance/cleaning the glass, but not sure if there'll be enough room to put wallpaper up near the tank without moving the tank. Would saving as much water as possible in buckets then putting the water back in be OK? Would it be OK to leave the fish in the tank in the same room as I'm decorating or would I need to take them out? I have a small (about 6 gallons) spare tank I could move the fish and filter into for a short while if need be. Would this tank be big enough to hold them all? I have five golden barbs, 2 SAEs, 3 yo-yo loaches and a bristlenose catfish.
 
Saving half the water, and keeping them in the smaller tank would work fine while you redecorate. Try running the filter on the smaller tank, if you can't be sure to keep the filter media wet.

Fast the fish for 24 hours before the move, and feed lightly for the next week after you set the tank back up.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top