What's new

May As Well Re-Introduce Myself

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
its been so long since i was here and the membershp has changed so much i thought i may as well say a fresh hello :) 

im mark , i used to run a 450 litre cichlid tank , but fell on hard times with the recession and the building game being so messed up and had to sell up to make ends meet . with the selling up my heart wasnt inthe hobby or  the forum any more and i stopped visiting . now though i am no longer self employed and have a decent job working on the railway , things are much more stable and i am setting up another tank .  looking forward to getting back into this hobby and hopefully being an active and helpful member of the forum .

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator
Reaction score
G'Day Mark

Welcome back,
  sorry to hear about having to leave the hobby in such bad circumstances
 . But good to see that your making a come back

OP
markandhisfish

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
thank you baccus . cant wait to get up and running again

Baccus

Global Moderator
Reaction score
I am sure
 . Will you go with cichlids again or try your hand some other species of fish?

OP
markandhisfish

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
Baccus said:
I am sure
 . Will you go with cichlids again or try your hand some other species of fish?

i havent really got the space for a cichlid tank at the moment , but im planning a high tech planted with lots of shrimp and small peacefull colourful fish
Paradise<3 said:
Welcome Back Mark! I've missed your posts!
thank you :)

Baccus

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Small fish with shrimp, hmmmm I have recently fallen in love with threadfin rainbow fish and plan on trialing them with shrimp, I think the combo will work well. Endlers are ok with shrimp as are Khuli loaches.

Paradise3

Reaction score
Baccus said:
Small fish with shrimp, hmmmm I have recently fallen in love with threadfin rainbow fish and plan on trialing them with shrimp, I think the combo will work well. Endlers are ok with shrimp as are Khuli loaches.

I loved my Threadfin Rainbows and they don't bother anything, small guppy fry included :)

OP
markandhisfish

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
funy you should mention threadfin rainbows , i was only looikng at them earlier as a good species to build the tank around

Baccus

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Great minds

But seriously I have been looking at a few types of rainbow fish along with blue eyes and since they are native to Australia I think I am mad to not be keeping more of them.

Paradise3

Reaction score
I do like the Blue Eyes :) I also like Gertrudae Rainbowfish. This they may be another species of Blue eye but I love the patterning on their fins!

Paradise3

Reaction score
markandhisfish said:
would make a lovely planted tank

I'm actually thinking of getting a big shoal of the Gertrudae's in my 30" long tank when I set it up for real. Will be planting it out and everything and will have a little secret fish in it :p My little Zebra Pleco(hopefully) :)

OP
markandhisfish

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
dont talk to me about zebra plecs lol , ive long loved them but never had a tank suitable . beautiful beautiful fish

Paradise3

Reaction score
markandhisfish said:
dont talk to me about zebra plecs lol , ive long loved them but never had a tank suitable . beautiful beautiful fish

My partners getting a group and any spare males he's selling off so he offered me first dibs on one :) Only difference is, I get it for free :p You re-introducing yourself has made me do it too lol.