April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who participated in our February 2013 competition.

The poll to decide the winner is currently running and will be active until 28th of February 2013. The winner will then be announced.

Meantime, please start posting entries and nominations for the March 2013 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so lets keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read the rules before submitting a nomination or entry.

The March competition will close for entries and nominations on 13/14th March 2013.

Hello, This is my first time entering. I was encouraged by a few friends here
Its just a community tank, with hills and a cliff with homemade trees
40 gallon tank

ralphw62x.jpg

ralphw62z.jpg

Thanks, Ralph

I don't go in for the gushing praise, but that is a nice scape.

That is a nice tank! I would enter my own tank but you just put mine to deep shame :lol:

frapadoodle said:
I don't go in for the gushing praise, but that is a nice scape.
I think I like it so much because it has reds vs greens rather than the usual Whtie/black + Green or blue.

The verification pic looks better than the entry! I would enter that instead. Lovely tank. What's the stocking? I see tiger barbs, clown loaches, Odessa barbs, swordtails, cories and cherry barbs. Anything I missed?

Blood fins, Black mollies, Buenos Aires tetras and Red Tail Shark...no swordtails

Plants
Java Moss, Java Fern, moneywort, Sword plant, Red Ludwigia, Peacock fern, Corkscrew Valisineria .

No CO2, just Nutrafin plant food and good plant substrate where needed. All pretty much slow growing plants as I don't want an "invasion of the Anacharis" thing going on.

2 T5 bulbs 21w DeepBlue Solarmax 6,700k daylight and an LED striplight with the night time blue.

also added some floating pennywort (long Roots)with Java moss draped over it as a hiding spot for the molly fry
smile.png

As far as which pic I use.... it was hard as I took a ton of pics with all different lighting.....I chose what I thought was the best pic of how it really looks.

Whoopsy. Thought mollies were sword tails ( bangs head on wall ).

I'll see what I can do...not too late?
trying to find one with no sign on it..
I kinda like the black background

my next tank just might be a 75 gallon project...I'm addicted :)
need a good decent priced plant source though.

Hee hee, looks like it's you Ralph ;-)
I do very much like it, a nice natural scape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back