Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
March 2015 Fish of the Month Competition is now openĀ 
wink.png

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Please start posting entries and nominations for the March 2015 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so lets keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read theĀ rulesĀ before submitting a nomination or entry.

The March competition will close for entries and nominations on ~Ā 15th March 2015.
Ā 
Ā 
Upload your photographs onto the forum when entering the competition
( http://www.fishforum...tures-to-forum/ )
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
(As a side note:Ā  If there are less than 3 entries in a given month, the entries will be held over until the following month.)

I have a lovely photo of one of my angelfish that I'd like to enter but she's in a different tank now so a verification photo would be different to the entry photo. It's still the same fish, just in an alternative tank. Does this matter?

As long as it easily identifiable as the same fish, then I see no reason why not, after all, it is FISH of the Month, not Tank of the Month ;)
Ā 
By the way, there is a slight difference now in uploading photos that I want to try and get everyone to start doing, is to upload directly to the forum via "my media" attachments rather than uploading from your usual photobucker or flicker photo sharing websites.
Ā 
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/422939-uploading-pictures-to-forum/
Ā 
Give that a go and let me know how you get on and if you find that easy enough to do.
Ā 
The reason for this is that a lot of folks use a photo sharing website and fairly often folks close or delete photos from their account thus this deletes the photos from the forum in the competition and winners gallery.
Ā 
So, reckon that would be a good way of keeping the pics on the forum which folks like to see :)

that sounds like a plan! I would love to try and tidy up my photobucket by moving certain photo's in folders but I know if I do that then the photo's will disappear from forums. It makes my life difficult!
Ā 
I'll give then new system a try and let you know how I get on - I'm useless with technology so this could go completely pear shaped!

Akasha72 said:
that sounds like a plan! I would love to try and tidy up my photobucket by moving certain photo's in folders but I know if I do that then the photo's will disappear from forums. It makes my life difficult!
Ā 
I'll give then new system a try and let you know how I get on - I'm useless with technology so this could go completely pear shaped!
Ā 
I have the same problem, have loads of photos I used on the forum when i first started on this forum.
Ā 
Too many to change and can't even remember half the threads I've done in the past, given up and left my photobucket alone and never delete any pics. I now upload every picture I use onto the forum with the "my media" method for peace of mind.
Ā 
Easier than you think to do the uploads, just takes a bit of practice before you know exactly what to do :)

I've read the instructions but it's not gone in. I'm a tired girl today so that might be why my brain isn't working.Ā 
Ā 
I'll have a go at some point - it just means I've got to find the photo of my angel that I want to enter on the pc - I know exactly where it is on photobucket but not on the lappyĀ 
no.gif

well it's going to take me hours to find the photo I'm looking for and I'm already going cross eyed with tiredness so I'm not up for hunting for an image among thousands. The photo will never ever be removed from photobucket and so that will never be an issue. I'll get to grips with the new system later. So here's my entry
Ā 
My female angel called Shadow
Ā 
006_zpsfd2bcaf6.jpg

Ā 
Ā 
I'll sort out verification later

006_zpsfd2bcaf6.jpg
Ā 
As you can see, I have saved your photo and already uploaded it to forum.
Ā 
It does automatically resize the image as 300kb which is max and simply clicking on the pic blows it up to the origianl size.
Ā 
Imo its pretty neat and makes all the pics uniform on threads
smile.png

thank you for doing it for me. I will sort it myself eventually ... as I said I'm not so well today (I get M.E and it's hitting me hard atm) and so I'm all brain foggedĀ 

I am going to give this a shot!
Ā 
Here is my juvenile A. rivulatus, (aka Green Terror or Gold Saum)
juv-rivulatus.jpg
Ā 
...and the entry card. Ā Sorry about the focus, do I need to try another shot?
entry-tag.jpg

having a go at the new upload thing, I hope it works.Ā 
Ā 
If it does, this is hopefully enough to verify my angel!
Ā 
006.JPG

Love the cichlid baker
My yellow gourami

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 237
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending