Male Betta & honey gouramis

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Dwarfs

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have a full grown male betta and 2 nearly full grown honey gouramis . The betta lives in a 1 gallon and the gouramis live in a 20 gallon long community tank with a curviceps,a bolivian ram, 4 otocinclis, 1 badis badis, and 5 ghost shrimp and 2 cory cats . I will soon be moving to a 30 gallon tall and can only fit a few more fish in. I wanted to know this because the betta and gourami are closely related. I heard some where that the male bettas will fight male paradice fish so i was concerned as to how they would react to each other. :dunno: I also need info on breeding bettas, anything helps!!!

well i wouldn't try gouramis and bettas because as far as i know alot of them fight with each other. Maybe if you gave them enough space it might be ok.

Also take note that I had 6 ghost shrimp, one with eggs 2 days ago, and my 4 gouramis thought that they were all DELICIOUS!!! I wouldn't advise mixing them either unless you have places the shrimp can hide that the Gouramis can't fit into. My shrimp stayed hidden in a fake corral reef arch way that none of the fish ever liked or paid attention to, until the shrimp arrived. Just wanted you to lesrn from my idiocies :)

gouramiguy said:
besides my brother had one and he was mean to all the fish. soo dont buy one all thay will do is cuase truble :no:  :no:
Since when are honey's mean? I have had these fish before I posted this which was a while ago may I add, and they are the most peaceful fish I ever had. You sure he had a Honey Gourami, the little yellow orange fish that only get 2 inches long? Mine completely ignore the other fish and annoy eachother all day :lol:

P.S. the fish went into a 55, the badis badis ate the shrimp and I have mucho mas err much more fish in that tank. Now I have to get the spanish class out of my head :p
$rth edit: Where the heck did this pop back from? The betta died last night (see my betta has fungus) and I posted this nearly 2 months ago. I don't need this post so stop posting on it unless you have to :D

Most reactions

Back