Malawi Mbuna Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cobalt Blue what? They look like Pseudo. johannii. They are pretty feisty fish. Were they advertised that way or just assorted cichlids? I think you'll like the Pseudo. Acei.

Thanks,
Steve

they were cobalt blue something, i do not remember, they are schooling with the yellow finned ones, and they dont seem to mean. But why do they need caves yet i do not see them stay in their caves? they swim through them but stay outside of them

they are cobalt blue zebras

Were they sold as Cobalt Blue Zebras? Metriaclima callainos "Cobalt Zebra"? Because thats not what they are. They really look like johannii and if you were looking for more mild fish, that's not what you bought. The johannii females are yellowish but not sure if they start out different colors from the males. Mine do seem to spend a fair amount of time going in and out of the caves but as soon as anyone walks by, they all stop and come to the glass. The interesting part is in the morning, I can't find one of them! All those fish find a spot to sleep :nod:

I'm near positive that's what the tank said, but im going to get the salinity tested in a few days and i will check
181d2762.jpg

is this not my fish?

and also i was going to write down the name but i didn't find it necessary at the moment.

Next week what should i add, I think I will add 10 more
maybe 3 red zebras
3 more yellow labs
2 of each of the other ones

From your tank pictures, the fish you have have horizontal stripes not vertical bars like the last post pictures. Do they look the same to you? Check out Cichlid-forum.com. Go to the Profiles section and select Malawi and Mbuna in the drop downs. Check Pseudotropheus johannii and look at your fish. Pretty close? What was your present stocking again?

Thanks,
Steve

i found out what they are, they're Blue Mainganos something. I went there today and got 3 red zebras and forgot the name by the time i got home

Thats Melanchromis Maingano. They are probably pretty aggressive. Did you return them? Or keeping? You probably could get 6 Red Zebras.

Thanks,
Steve

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back