Maidenhead Aquatics - Wyevale Garden Centre

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to agree if you don't, we're just putting across another view.

If you can't handle a bit of discussion then forums are not for you. Coming on here slagging off a fish shop is just plain childish really.

Next time you go to the shop have the guts to ask what the problems were, that is all we're saying.

If someone was to come on here and slag off the fish house I run I would not let it drop until they explained themselfs. Then I could maybe take there issues into consideration to improve the fish house.

You obviously didn't get the heroes welcome you were expecting.

:hey:

whew-- it's getting warm in here-- :D
Maidenhead Aquatics got a nice rep in my area
although the nearest MA
in my place is the one in Wembley--
still roughly 30-45mins drive-- :(

i've been in MA Enfield once another 35minutes drive--
but didn't bother to look at the tank that time cause i'm still cycling--
just a quick browse and everything seems to be in good condition.
what i'm after that time was the Bactinettes cause thay are the only LFS
who sells it-- IMO

anyway to make the story short check this out: 230288043460 - ebay
to give you a slight idea on the filtration etc etc. and more gizmos
behind the scene of an aquatics shop---

-_-

theres a lot off shops out there like the one in the picture the more they cram in the more they sell the more money they make its a cruel world :angry:

When I was a member of Bradford and District AS years ago we went on many a field trip (nights out) to tropical fish importers establishments in the Nth of England.
Now if you think your LFS is bad then these places leave a lot to be desired. Fish jumping out of holding tanks on to ones shoulder was not uncommon. Dead fish everywhere... Pristine envoirenments they are not.
BigC

I've been there about at least 2 times since last spring.The tanks look overstocked, and when I've been there before i've seen quite a few SA/CA crammed together so that theres a few which are scraggy and obviously stressed.But this, having Jd's, Texas cichlids, and oscars is understandable as theres got to be some sort of pecking order.

The community fish seemed fine however and all the tanks had crystal clear water.So they must have a good filtration system to have such clean tanks with so many fish.Platy's, molly's and guppies etc don't even have the intelligence to know they're tight for space, all they did when I was there was crowd for food.

I believe it was where I saw a huge green/turq sev about, from where I was standing, a foot long, it was in a tank too small to be ideal but looked very healthy.Tbh from the times I've been there it seems about the 3rd best shop i've been too.

The fish also were all seperated into each individual species/sexes which I thought was good.

I'll have to try and go sometime this weekend, maybe i've caught them on their good days.

Yeah. to be fair, the was a spectacular selection of fish.
There might be adequate filtration, but nobody but the RSPCA know so nobody here can comment on that. But yeah, the tanks are overstocked.
Once again, thanks for managing to get your point across without being hostile :p

not hostile...but fish shops tanks are always over stocked because it is only a temporary place, they are only there to be sold not to be kept for years on end

Yeh, I didn't mean to mean overstocked in a negative term, if they didn't overstock the cichlid tanks they'd have mayhem...In fact I'd bet they have a more than adequate filtration system.But ok we can't say that for sure.

Theres no point calling other people hostile, when they weren't, they just have strong views :p .

No, they don't just have strong views, strong views is fine! Hostility and rudeness aren't called for. You can adequately get a point across without the need to resort to it, look at Athenas' post.
Anyway, I've no wish to fight, thanks for your posts!

My MA is brilliant..had no problems with them what so ever and I am sure if I did they would react really quickly. Saw one of there big fish dead which i pointed out and they had names for them all....they seemed really gutted about it.

However Wyevale as a whole I would not touch with a barge pole! Used to work for them and that particular wyevale was really horrible.

I hope things look better for your MA when you next go back monkeywobbler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back