Magnum//fluval/tetra

DjLeethul

New Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Code:
I currently have a Top Fin 30 gallon filter and it doesnt seem to be doing the job of filtering out the fine particals. I was trying to budget my money for my 29 gallon tank and I was wondering if anyone knew which one of these filters would be best:


H.O.T. Magnum Compact Hang-On Tank Filter by Marineland - 250 gph

Fluval Internal Filters from Hagen - 185 gph

Tetra Whisper Ex Filter - 240 gph



I'm not necessarily looking for the most quiet filter, more so which would be most equipped for small particles and clear water. Which brand would be most reliable? Or would I be able to find an Eheim in this price range ($30-$40)


Thanks for your advice
 
why not try ( if possible) to add filter floss to the filter you have, i have found this ti be a great way of "grabbing" those fine but very annoying particles, and if this doesnt work, then go with a new one :)
 
Yeah as Shelagh suggest, filter floss is good for getting those tiny bits which drive you mad.

However of the 3 you have listed, I would go with the external. More media room, better filtering capacity, easier to maintain and leaves more room in the tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top