Magenta Störzbach shorttailed guppy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Video of my magenta störzbach shorttailed guppies. They may seem a bit similar to unselected chili endlers (red scarlet endlers). But no endler influence has been used. The male line used consisted of white platinum males (blonde based) and the female line consisted of albino opal pandaguppies (blonde based but do carry the grey gene as well). Both guppy species carry the magenta gene and the störzbach gene. All offspring are born grey based and black eyed. The male offspring develop a magenta coloration with störzbach. This results in a metallic pinkish look. Further on, all males have a closed short tail with black markings. Some males show a black spot on the lower part of the chest on both sides. This is a guppy trait. The body remains slender and short. All female offspring remain grey and have black finnage. The bodyshape of the females are typical guppy. Thusfar, the next generations show the same coloration and pattern. It seems that starting from the F1, that they breed true in phenotype. But again, don't confuse this with endlers.

Don't you know what störzbach is...? Störzbach causes a metallic shine on the body. In combination with certain colors, the störzbach gene makes the color metallic but also more pale than the original color without störzbach. So, in this case, magenta looks pinkish.
cooool
i wish i had more tanks to develop my own strains
Well yes, I do need to mention that setting up new guppy lines, multiple tanks are needed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back