Lunchtime Ideas

catxx

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i'm a terrible cook as it is, and everyday at work, lunchtime is a chore trying to work out what the hell to eat without breaking the bank, which is very easy to do where i work (which is in Hampstead in London). my options are 3 posh french bakeries (the cheapest is about £3 for a sandwich..bleh) and a tesco express.

DESPERATE for easy lunch ideas. i'm sick of eating slightly stale tescos pitta bread, and i've had so much houmous lately i feel like i'm made of houmous. and tesco food tastes of nothing.

what's your lunchtime munch choice?

i'm a terrible cook as it is, and everyday at work, lunchtime is a chore trying to work out what the hell to eat without breaking the bank, which is very easy to do where i work (which is in Hampstead in London). my options are 3 posh french bakeries (the cheapest is about £3 for a sandwich..bleh) and a tesco express.

DESPERATE for easy lunch ideas. i'm sick of eating slightly stale tescos pitta bread, and i've had so much houmous lately i feel like i'm made of houmous. and tesco food tastes of nothing.

what's your lunchtime munch choice?

Do you have an office microwave?

Ian makes me my sandwiches every morning. :D

few options especially coming up to summer are to do pasta, rice and cous-cous salads. loads of options, you can make them the night before and stick them in the fridge they'll still be nice the next day and they're good for you.

Fresh soups
Ready meal curries (for the unhealthy ones like me) mmmmm.
microwave sausages for sausage sarnies & hot dogs
all of wiggles suggestions
chicken satays & salad

i will think!

oh and you can do much nicer deli-style sandwiches cheaply if you've got a fridge at work. i tend to find sandwiches with salad's and sauces can go a bit manky if left too long so make them fresh.

chop up some chicken breasts and fry that off with a little seasoning it'll keep for 3 days refridgerated, put that in a little tupperware, put some salad into a seperate one, you can take decent dressing/sauces in jars and leave them at work then take nice bread in seperately and make your own subway type sandwiches at work. much cheaper than deli bakerys and nicer than processed ham sandwiches :good:

Why not make yourself up a little mini European style hamper to take to work, a few slices of salami or ham, a wedge of cheese, some cherry tomatos, raddishes and celery sticks and a few thick slices of good bread.

I feel your pain, its the exact same for me, the other day I made enchiladas for tea and took the rest on for lunch the next day, they were lovely. make soups up, they are cheap and you can make soup ot of anything :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back