Luna Pics

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I would also like to add, I'm pro-owning a dog. Don't get the wrong idea. 😅
If you dont want dogs anymore still care for them and give them all the love but after them dont get any dogs until you know your ready. But please dont give them up!

Same. My mom says that dogs spread disease and she doesn't want one in the house. If we ever move to the country she said I could get one but it would have to stay outside.
sadly, I'm with her about the house thing, they do indeed spread zoonitic diseases like salmonella or lime disease to people.(rarely though)
Yeah, I guess that's true... And there have been studies that show that households with dogs in the house have higher chances of cancer in the family.
They are still staying IN my house... No way id get a dog just to leave it outside.
Feels wrong
They can have those risks but Id still want them

Only exception I think is of you have a pack of sled dogs. Then I would see having them outside

Your choice. I'm not gonna argue whether it's right.
Yah. I agree. Won't argue. But I find it cruel. I've seen what it's done to a dog... Very very disheartening to see

If you dont want dogs anymore still care for them and give them all the love but after them dont get any dogs until you know your ready. But please dont give them up!
couldn't I would have anything to do. XD
They are still staying IN my house... No way id get a dog just to leave it outside.
Feels wrong
They can have those risks but Id still want them
My dog who passed a year ago nearly loved to sleep outside. even in the rain. them my now older dog can't spend 30 seconds outside without whining or barking. I say it depends on the dog itself.

couldn't I would have anything to do. XD

My dog who passed a year ago nearly loved to sleep outside. even in the rain. them my now older dog can't spend 30 seconds outside without whining or barking. I say it depends on the dog itself.
Well I guess if they LOVE the outdoors it's fine but definitely bring them in when bad weather comes.

Sorry for your loss 😑

sadly, I'm with her about the house thing, they do indeed spread zoonitic diseases like salmonella or lime disease to people.(rarely though)
Dog spread salmonella? Lyme disease comes from ticks, I'm more likely to catch it camping. Dogs do spread fleas, that I'll go with. I am allergic to dogs, dander and saliva flakes. The allergy hit when I was in high school carrying AP Math/Science double major and headed for veterinary medicine. My dog, cat and the mouse living in my bedroom all got kicked out of the house by my parents. Pretty sure the mouse did not last long. I ended up skipping college because I only wanted to be a veterinarian, and my allergist said pre-vet would kill me. (I got pneumonia 3 times before they tested for allergies).

Happily it is possible to outlive and outgrow most allergies, I now have 5 dogs in my house and I am more likely to catch salmonella from my chickens. Just saying. The hair is a nuisance, a good vacuum is a good thing, I have a kirby. I don't let the chickens in the house.

Dog spread salmonella? Lyme disease comes from ticks, I'm more likely to catch it camping. Dogs do spread fleas, that I'll go with. I am allergic to dogs, dander and saliva flakes. The allergy hit when I was in high school carrying AP Math/Science double major and headed for veterinary medicine. My dog, cat and the mouse living in my bedroom all got kicked out of the house by my parents. Pretty sure the mouse did not last long. I ended up skipping college because I only wanted to be a veterinarian, and my allergist said pre-vet would kill me. (I got pneumonia 3 times before they tested for allergies).

Happily it is possible to outlive and outgrow most allergies, I now have 5 dogs in my house and I am more likely to catch salmonella from my chickens. Just saying. The hair is a nuisance, a good vacuum is a good thing, I have a kirby. I don't let the chickens in the house.

they do indeed spread zoonitic diseases like salmonella or lime disease to people.(rarely though)
why do you think I said rarely?? They can indeed give you salmonella, tick cause lime disease yes. I know a guy who got Lyme disease, not through a tick bite. feals suck! your post sounded hostile, maybe throw in some emojis next time ;)

why do you think I said rarely?? They can indeed give you salmonella, tick cause lime disease yes. I know a guy who got Lyme disease, not through a tick bite. feals suck! your post sounded hostile, maybe throw in some emojis next ti
I guess it sounded hostile because I am old, and I was tired and I have no idea how to use emojis. I think I may be the oldest person on the forum. I am sorry if it sounded hostile. I think I may need to get some sleep.

I guess it sounded hostile because I am old, and I was tired and I have no idea how to use emojis. I think I may be the oldest person on the forum. I am sorry if it sounded hostile. I think I may need to get some sleep.
I didn't take it that way, but a fly on the wall could. How old are you?? I think I need some sleep too 😅

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back