jonnyf84
Fish Herder
- Joined
- Mar 18, 2008
- Messages
- 1,119
- Reaction score
- 1
- Points
- 38
hi, i am about to buy a luminaire, i like the look of the arcadia T5's but is it necessary to have one with 4 tubes or will 2 tubes be sufficient?
I want it for asthetic reasons as well as to provide better plant growth without giving the plants the need for CO2, therefore i think 4 tubes will be too much as more light means they will also need more of the other nutrients.
I can't provide CO2 as the PH will drop too low.
Its for a 36 inch tank, medium to heavily planted, a possibility to become a aquascaped tank in the future.
The 4x24w is only 30 quid more expensive than the 2x24w but would it be a complete waste of 30 quid?
Any opinions would be fantastic.
I want it for asthetic reasons as well as to provide better plant growth without giving the plants the need for CO2, therefore i think 4 tubes will be too much as more light means they will also need more of the other nutrients.
I can't provide CO2 as the PH will drop too low.
Its for a 36 inch tank, medium to heavily planted, a possibility to become a aquascaped tank in the future.
The 4x24w is only 30 quid more expensive than the 2x24w but would it be a complete waste of 30 quid?
Any opinions would be fantastic.







