Low Tech Nano. Lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

njstockley

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just brought myself a used Interpet Fish Box 48 (approx. 45x36x34cm) for the princely sum of £5. It's actually in very good condition - with the exception of the light unit which is completely shot - I'm not sure that's an issue after reading some of the reviews of the lights online.

Anyway, my plan for the tank is to set it up as a very low tech but fairly heavily planted planted tank. At the moment I'm trying to find a good replacement light fitting but have become very confused with what's on offer - I'm trying to keep the setup cost as low as possible as well, so have been drawn to the Interpet LED strip options like this or this - are there others (that aren't unreasonably priced) that would be worth considering, or would either of those in isolation provide anything like enough light to grow even low light plants? The tank won't be exposed to a huge amount of natutal light where it's going to be setup.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of other basic questions along the way but at the moment, every time I feel I've understood something I read another article that just confuses me more!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back