Low Power External Filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

proton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All, Does anyone know of any other low power external filters that are simmilar to the Eheim Ecco Pro Range? 2 of them at 10W would be 1200L/H if I am correct.

Expensive. For £50 I could get a All Ponds Solution brand new and a new Eheim is £70+. Everytime I get a second had Eheim they break. I have had two break in the last year so now am off or more likely don't feel comforatble buying a second hand one. I currently have an Ecco Pro 300 and it works great but doesn't do the job well like my Eheim Pro 2 2026 did before it broke (also second hand) so I am looking to get another external filer that is low power so that it doesn't consume loads of electricity. I am curretly saving for some LED lights to bring down the costs.

Eheim classics rarely break, I've have one that's nearly 20 years old and going strong! As for low power, I think most modern canisters are fairly power hungry sadly.

MojoDex said:
Eheim classics rarely break, I've have one that's nearly 20 years old and going strong! As for low power, I think most modern canisters are fairly power hungry sadly.

Yes I have searched the web for all canisters wattage used and they are all at least 20w+ for a decent flow rate. I will have to get another Ecco Pro 300 by the looks of it.

They might be expensive (I actually think they are very reasonable prices) but I think u pay for what u get in this world. I wudnt get an all ponds solution filter over a eheim even if its cheaper.

richpowell1989 said:
They might be expensive (I actually think they are very reasonable prices) but I think u pay for what u get in this world. I wudnt get an all ponds solution filter over a eheim even if its cheaper.
I second this. I would add that I also wouldn't but an Eheim Ecco range filter either, They really are Eheims worst effort.

MojoDex said:

I second this. I would add that I also wouldn't but an Eheim Ecco range filter either, They really are Eheims worst effort.

Hmmm this throws a spanner in the works, So I might go for the classic then.

proton said:

Hmmm this throws a spanner in the works, So I might go for the classic then.

Classics are excellent :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back