Low Light Nano Shrimp Scape.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DevUK

UKAPS member
Reaction score
I started this scape nearly two weeks ago. It's a 35cm opti-white tank which is 35x22x25. I'm using a Dennerle corner filter (which might get replaced for something a little more powerful) and have CO2 via a 2kg fire extinguisher. Substrate is Colombo florabase and unipac zambezi sand, with various mixed gravels as well. The light is a 13w unit I bought in Holland recently, while working the UKAPS stand at the Vivarium show (which was awesome!).

I have 3 lonely cherry shrimp in the tank at the moment, but I plan to buy a small group of 10 or 20 in the next few weeks. I'm not planning on any other fauna. Plants are Bolbitis Diformis, Anubias Nana "petite" and "bonsai", Staurogyne Repens, taxiphyllum alternans (taiwan mosst), Fissidens fontanus and Hygrophilla pinnitifida. I might add one more stem plant, but not decided yet.

So, some photos :)

This is the initial planting:

I had to wait for more plants to be delivered:

5596448864_1887e0acb2_b.jpg

And some "arty" shots I took last night, 1 1/2 weeks from initial setup:

5620139879_a11a745c60_b.jpg

5620140001_e152febe1b_b.jpg

And a better overall shot of both my new setups. This is the view from sitting in bed :)

5620728354_f3f3517b29_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

That'll look great once grown in. Great photography as well! :good:

Thanks for posting.

I created a brief video last night using my phone. Not the best quality but it's my first attempt at video :)

http://vimeo.com/22420207

Hey Dev, nice to see you again. Looks like a mini ADA gallery you got going there... :good: Very pretty. I'm going to steal your wood, by the way. So that you know.

Beautiful scapes, the wood is awesome.

What plant is that on the wood in the smaller scape?

Great looking tanks, what type of wood have you used in this pic ?
Also, is that Dragon rock I see ? Is it inert and wont affect pH or other water parameters ?

Thanks

(This is the wood I am talking about)....

5620728354_f3f3517b29_b.jpg

Gorgeous scapes there, love the big pieces of protruding wood, seems a popular style at the moment but it looks great, it's like it carries the scape out of the tank, almost like it's overflowing :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back