Lots of hornwort

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Messages
397
Reaction score
385
Points
63
Location
Ca
I was at petsmart getting some Algaefix and I saw hornwort. Lots of it for $5. At my LFS the hornwort is like $7 for one tiny stem. I couldn’t resist so i bought the hornwort but I don’t really know what to do with it 😂. Any ideas? I’ll attach pictures of both my tanks but for now only the 5gal betta. I’ll attach picture of 20g L after cleaning bc it’s really overgrown with algae.
 

Attachments

  • 61768086-569B-4D09-AA95-0D758D18BE2B.webp
    61768086-569B-4D09-AA95-0D758D18BE2B.webp
    430.1 KB · Views: 154
  • B422C005-C16E-40E7-8780-346A2D92C0B5.webp
    B422C005-C16E-40E7-8780-346A2D92C0B5.webp
    160.2 KB · Views: 151
I was at petsmart getting some Algaefix and I saw hornwort. Lots of it for $5. At my LFS the hornwort is like $7 for one tiny stem. I couldn’t resist so i bought the hornwort but I don’t really know what to do with it 😂. Any ideas? I’ll attach pictures of both my tanks but for now only the 5gal betta. I’ll attach picture of 20g L after cleaning bc it’s really overgrown with algae.
Just float it or plant it. Make sure there’s lots of nutrients
 
You can't really plant it as it doesn't grow roots. But attaching it to the hardscape is definitely an option.
Oh. Mine grew roots though…
Yes that is a good idea
 
UAre you sure it was hornwort & not something that looked similar, like cabomba, ambulia, anacharis etc.?
Tbh idk!!
Its pretty mich dead i think cacomba
 

Most reactions

Back
Top