Lots Of Changes!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AmtotheBurr

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I took the platy group back to the fish store yesterday... Good riddens. I decided to make some changes to my Japan tank too! The black gravel was just too dark, so I took out half of it and added large white rocks. I got another temple ornament and a large root ornament. It looks so much better in there! I replanted all of the plants and it looks great.
I've decided to do a female betta tank! I got two girls last night, Ethel and Myrtle. Haha :)
Going to test the water today then add them if all is well.

Looking good!

That moss ball is looking pretty brownish. Maybe it's just the lighting, though. But I like your choice in the gravel you've picked out. It really brightens up the tank. I'm also curious as to what plants those are, is that pennywort?

Bertha has proven to be the boss. Phyllis had a Teal middle - I'm sure it will show again when they're settled.
RainboWBacoN420 said:
Looking good!

That moss ball is looking pretty brownish. Maybe it's just the lighting, though. But I like your choice in the gravel you've picked out. It really brightens up the tank. I'm also curious as to what plants those are, is that pennywort?
The Moss ball is looking brownish, is there a way to fix it?
The tall plant in the corner with broad leaves is a wonder bulb. Not sure what the long small leaf ones are. It grows like crazy and doesn't need ferts or co2.

It might be getting too much light. How warm is your tank? 
Moss balls usually do better in colder water. I have three in my 15 gallon, they're all healthy, dense and green. I have them placed under the filter output and they're provided shade from the anubias leaves. I also turn them over weekly. Another thing you can is give your moss balls an ice bath, once every week I believe? I don't use this practice, but a lot people say it helps keep their moss ball nice and healthy. 

http://aquariadise.com/marimo-balls-care-info/

In their natural environment, they are found at the bottom of streams. So most likely, the brownish coloring is coming from over exposure of light. 
You should clean your moss balls very so often, a clean moss ball is a healthy moss ball! 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back