Lost a plant

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Are hygrophilia particularly tasty to fish? I came home last night and my new one in the community tank was missing. I assumed it had floated up into the frogbit root mass but after many visual searches I can't find a trace.

I don't want to disturb the plants for a proper search because there are fry in there. They are too young to identify aside from the fact that they are characins. I'm assuming pencilfish but hoping glowlight tetras. My glowlights are about 5 years old and probably nearing the end of their lives

I have a love hate relationship with hygrophila, once upon a time when I lived in London I had it in one of my tanks and it grew like mad, I moved to Manchester and decided to add some to the new tank but it died with in dys nd the fish had it.... I can't get it to grow, maybe because London has hrd water and manc hs soft... Oh, by the way, my last glolight is eight years old, so you probably have years left.

Oh, by the way, my last glolight is eight years old, so you probably have years left.
I hope so - unfortunately they spent the first 4 years of their lives in that same London water as I have only moved to RO water over the last year. Our tap water also has 50ppm nitrate so they never had the best start in life :(

As for the hygrophilia it is thriving in the other 2 tanks (I split the same pot into 3). Started off great in this tank and then disappeared overnight. I suspect my lumbering bristlenose had something to do with uprooting it, but the surface of this tank is a mass of frogbit and I have let the roots go jungle style. It could well still be in there but I'm not counting on it ...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back