lost 2 more Khuli's this week. waters perfect.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jeffrey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well last week I had a khuli loach lose its color and a couple days later lost him.

Then this week I have lost two more, this time I never noticed them changing color if they did.

We had two big thunderstorms in the last 4 days, and the morning after each I found the white husk of one of my khuli's.

Time and time again, water is perfect for everything, same as it has been for as long as I can remember.

Power doesnt go out for the tank, as it has my comps old UPS.

Is there something I am missing?

Topic title edited. Please do not try to bypass the swear filter. What you had written is not appropriate language to use on this forum.

I'm in alberta canada.

Water changes every 2 weeks, 55 gallon (maybe its 50, I cant remember), up untill a couple months ago I was doing changes every 3-4 weeks.

heavy planted tank.
all my tests stay the same, I even bought a new kit cause I thought something was wrong with my old one, but same thing.

snowyangel said:
How many fish in your 55g? I dunno, but I would increase your water changes to doing weekly water changes. Two weeks is stretching it unless your tank is under stocked and has good filtration.
its got a fuval and a hanging.

I have the tests for like 16 different things, and nothing ever changes.
I did the once a month for 4 years with the same fish, and at 2" per gallon.
didnt lose a fish (well I think two) over that time untill and electrical accident.

there are 12 (now) khuli's, 6 serpea tetras, a cory, couple femail guppies, 6 marble hatches

You're the one that's trying to breed them right??......Maybe they humped themselves to death...turn down the mood music.

ummm...I don't think so n00bie....
I had this happen before, fish die and the water result are perfect. Did you know that water changes can't check bad chemicals that enter your water? Well not all of them anyway.
Do you use and cleaning chemicals near you tank? or anything?
It could have been that!

Guppylover said:
ummm...I don't think so n00bie....
I had this happen before, fish die and the water result are perfect. Did you know that water changes can't check bad chemicals that enter your water? Well not all of them anyway.
Do you use and cleaning chemicals near you tank? or anything?
It could have been that!
dont use any cleaning stuff around my tank, and even so there isnt anywhere that it can go in really. I have a custom made plexi cover.

And the hatches would be the first to go, they have to be the most piky fish I have ever bought (but yet bought again when they die).

I added a charcoal pack right as soon as I saw the last one, so if its something I cant detect in the water I hope that will get it.

after that I have no idea??? old age maybe?? they do seem to be the larger ones.

and yes I am trying to breed them, I saw one that was bigger and looked gravid but I havent seen it in a couple days (althought this doesnt surpise me)

Me and my friend have had the same thing happen perfectly fine and then they die! But i read in a magazine that there is some kind of genetic or disease problem with kuhlis and you have to be very careful with the stock you buy and make sure you buy healthy ones. I found that two of mine died but the other two thrived and are now big and fat! Hope the rest of them survive Goodluck :)

Most reactions

Back