Looks Like White Mould - Is It The Rise In Temperature

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Villy Valley

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

My black moor not only has a couple of white powdery patches on his head but also some white dots that look like mould on his fantail. In the recent hot weather I wonder if the water temperature may have caused it. I have changed the water 25% for the last two days and added tonic salts and a few drops of white spot treatment...... is this ok and will it work..... I noticed yesterday that one of my other flutter fish had white marks in his dorsal fin... after yesterdays water treatment he looks fine today but the Black Moor doesn't look like he is improving... shall I just keep changing water and adding more drops?

Villy Valley

First of all, never ever use any meds unless you know exactly what is wrong with your fish. This is because it can do more harm than good. The symptoms you are describing sound like a fungal infection.
What are your water parameters?
How often do you change the water?
What size is the tank?
What other fish are also in the tank?

If I remember fancy goldfish develop white powdery patches as their tubercules on their head grow, this is true for the lionheads etc but I think it is the same for other types of goldfish, so this may be normal development.
A pic would show the potential better

Steve

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back