Looking For An Interesting Fish To Share A 10 Gallon Tank With Dwarf C

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ghostgirl

Reaction score
Hi. So in a few months I'm going to be moving into dorm. Said dorm only allows us to keep fish in an 10 gallon tank. I'm guessing that a crawfish would fall into the category of technical fish, but just to be safe, I'm planning on getting the little guy a tank mate so that I can say he's there to keep the tank clean.
 I've been researching fish that would be big enough to hold it's own with one, but peaceful enough to not to try to take a bite out of him.

I've got a couple of ideas on what I might get (I've been flirting with the idea of a ghost catfish or a green lantern platy) but I wanted to get the opinion of someone with a little more experience on the subject.

There are few fish that would be compatible with MOST crawfish... but the best choice of crawfish will make that much simpler:

Mexican Orange CPO
http://breedinusa.com/shop/en/crayfish/10-dwarf-orange-crayfish-cpo.html
These are readily available online a lot of different places, that just happened to be the first place I saw, and I have never used them before, just wanted to provide you with a picture, etc.

After that, the choice of fish becomes easier... you'd need mid-top water swimmers that don't go to the bottom much.  Harlequin rasboras would be a good choice... or the less easily available, hengeli or espei rasboras which are a little smaller.

The crawfish would need some hiding spots, plants are a good option, and watch carefully.

eaglesaquarium said:
There are few fish that would be compatible with MOST crawfish... but the best choice of crawfish will make that much simpler:

Mexican Orange CPO
http://breedinusa.com/shop/en/crayfish/10-dwarf-orange-crayfish-cpo.html
These are readily available online a lot of different places, that just happened to be the first place I saw, and I have never used them before, just wanted to provide you with a picture, etc.

After that, the choice of fish becomes easier... you'd need mid-top water swimmers that don't go to the bottom much.  Harlequin rasboras would be a good choice... or the less easily available, hengeli or espei rasboras which are a little smaller.

The crawfish would need some hiding spots, plants are a good option, and watch carefully.

CPO was what I was thinking about for the crawfish. Harlequin rasboras sounds good, I was also considering cherry barbs. I'm planning on using the jaguar skull ornament from petsmart as the main hidey hole (I'm planning on having the tank be aztec themed)  and buying some terra cotta to sculpt some more ornaments to go with the theme

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back